We may have suspended Wednesday night activities for the Summer (Kid’s Quest, Youth Bible Study, Prayer Meeting), but we should still look for opportunities to obey the one-another commands amid the busyness of vacations and other activities. To that end, each month this Summer I’ll post a list of prayer concerns that we can bring before the Lord on behalf of the body at PBF.
Possible Building/Property Transition
- Please pray for the property steering team. Wisdom, endurance, time. James 1:5: If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
- Please pray that God would move the godly and ungodly entities involved to accomplish His will for gospel ministry at PBF. Prov. 21:1: The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will. (Ezra 1:1; Hag 1:14-15)
- Please pray that all members would labor to maintain the unity of the church, as transitions tend to be times of great temptation to contend for preferences at the expense of the kingdom. Eph. 4:1-3: I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Vacation Bible School (June 10-14)
- Pray that God would bring a large number to encounter Him. John 8:12: Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- Please pray that seeds would be planted in some, watered in others, and that God would grant growth in all. 1 Cor. 3:6: I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
- Praise God for the workers and ask that they would be blessed in their labor. John 4:35-36: Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest. Already the one who reaps is receiving wages and gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together.
Youth Camp @ Crossings (June 24-28)
- Please pray that the saved would enjoy intensified affection for Jesus. Psa. 63:3: Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
- Please pray that the eyes of the lost would be opened. Acts 13:48: And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. (Acts 26:12-18)
- Please pray for spiritual renewal and energy for the chaperones. Psa. 103:2-5: Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.