The Process of Change: Replacement

So far in our brief look at the change process we have addressed guilt, repentance, and forgiveness. The next step is replacement. Essentially, in our dealing with sin, it is not enough to attempt to get rid of sinful habits. We must also replace those sinful habits with godly ones. This is sometimes referred to as dehabituation and rehabituation.

The replacement step of the change process is explained very clearly here. The site is from a biblical counseling center in Illinois. After reading this article, I realized I couldn’t write a better explanation if I tried, so I’ll simply refer you there. When you get to the end of the article, be sure to click the “Put Off/Put On list” link, so that you will know what godly virtue should be replacing the sin you are putting off.

Next week, I explain the next step in the process – mind renewal.

Comments